Pin It button on image hover

Friday 23 September 2022

Some Wall Art by Sandra

 

Hello, I am sharing some more of my samples from the August shows on Create and Craft.

My first piece is a wall hanging made with The Tree ofKnowledge, From Nature 2 and  Slim WordStrip 1 and Slim Word Strip 2 stamp sets.

First, I used an A5 sheet of grey board which I used gesso and acrylic paints on. I used ink to distress the edges and stamped some leaves using From Nature 2.

I then tore out some pages from an old dictionary and used gesso and distress inks to age them. I stamped on the pages using parts of the stamp from Slim Words Strip 1 and 2. On the front page I stamped The Tree of Knowledge in Archival Ink and coloured with distress ink.

I then sewed the pages together and glued onto the grey board along with the sentiment.


                                                        

Here is a closer view of the pages. 

                              

For my second piece I used a grey board heart which I coloured with acrylic paints.

I stamped the Positivity words from Slim Word Strip 2 and tore along the edges and inked them.

For the background I used Distress inks and more stamping.  I assembled all the pieces adding some die cuts for texture. I finished with an MDF butterfly and some cord.










A close up of some of the detail. 

 

 Thanks for looking

Sandra x

 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!