Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 21 September 2022

Fab Frames Number 2! (by Linda)

I have used the From Nature 2 stamps again, from the August Create and Craft show. If you watch on rewind, you will see this frame in the background. More about the photograph later.

I made a frame with Chocolate Baroque Super Smooth Card, keep the excess for later.

I folded the frame into shape without sticking it down and marked where to stamp the tree tops so they would all be up the right way. I stamped the top of the tree from The Tree of Knowledge stamp set, roughly centrally on each of the sides. Fold and stick the frame.

I then stamped 4 large ivy leaves and 8 of the smaller ivy leaves from the From Nature 2 set, on the spare card with Versamark and embossed with gold powder. I painted them with various mica/metallic paints to give a bit of a glow. I find it easier to do it this way then cut out as the embossed lines act as a resist so you do not have to worry about going over the lines. If I cut then colour, I tend to end up with very messy fingers and you can bet that a finger print will end up somewhere I do no want it!!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, the leaves are very forgiving to cut out, any little slip just makes them more natural looking. 

I folded and creased the leaves arranged, then glued on the corners. Add your photograph. You can then mount the piece on a card, on top of a box, or leave it as it is.


Now about the photograph that I used. Sadie is a beautiful dog we loooked after for a friend. She was a rescue from a puppy farm, with the most fantastic nature ever, not wanting to get up before 9, thank you very much, perfect. She was an incredible friend to her family through really tough times, but sadly, she passed away as I was making my samples for the August shows. She always loved a good sniff amongst the leaves so this frame was perfect for her. I have since made another for her family with a selection of photos they could swap around. We were all thrilled when she became the TV star she deserved to be for a few moments.


Thank you for spending some time reading my blog post.

Have a go, but most of all, enjoy!!

Linda x

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!