Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Tree of Knowledge ( by Doreen)

 Tree of Knowledge

Hello everyone, welcome to the second blog of the month for me, which gave me the opportunity to use one of my favourite dies in conjunction with this beautiful stamp set. If you were not already aware I love trees no matter of size shape etc I am just fascinated by all of them !!

   The Tree of Knowledge I feel lends itself to this die not that I can remember where I purchased it from it just lives on a magnetic sheet waiting for me to put it to use.


I have used the largest of the dies for a base and the next size for the image. I stamped the image using Versafine Clair Morning Mist, then coloured the edges with Distress Inkpad Olive applied using a blending brush. The sentiments were also stamped in the Versafine Clair Morning Mist ( I really do like this grey) and then I coloured the image using
 Derwent Chromaflow Pencils.

I made my own stand for the back of the card as I didn't want to mount this on a blank and wanted it as a stand alone card in its own right. I simply scored a piece of card applied it to the back of the card and cut off an angle at the bottom to make it stand with a bit of a tilt.

Below is another sample made on watercolour card using Brushos and stamped in Black.



Thank you for looking in today

Love Doreen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!