Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 1 September 2011

Beeswax and Butterflies (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, when I received these lovely stamps from Glenda, I had also just bought some lovely chalk inkpads too. I decided that I would like to combine the two elements in a projects, and this card came about. I created a lovely soft background using three different coloured chalk inkpads, blending them together, and then stamping some swirls from the 'Nature Swirls' set around the edges.

I then stamped the music fragment and several hearts onto some cream card and cut them out. I covered all of these with melted beeswax, and then placed the hearts into a flower shape with a brass flower embellishment. I stamped the gramophone from the 'Music Fanfare' stamp set and two butterflies from the 'Butterfly Flourish' stamp set which I cut out and coloured with pencils. I added Glossy accents to the bubbles on the gramophone image, and used a Tim Holtz swirl behind my flower to complete the card.


Keep checking back for more lovely samples from the Design Team this week, using the new stamp sets. Thanks for stopping by today, Judith xx

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the soft colours and the glossy accents just finish it off. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Judith, I love the soft colours that you've used. The music stamp looks as though it will be very useful for so many things.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pretty card, I like the soft colours. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Judith - like the way you have made the flower, and the colours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Judith and love the soft colours you used . Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft colours on this card and I just love the way all the elements have been brought together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, such lovely soft colours. Love the butterflies.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Judith, gorgeous card, I love the soft colours and flower you've created with the heart stamp is beautiful. I love beeswax, it has such a silky finish, i bet this is even more stunning in real life
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love thes oftness & the contrast with your 'bubbles'. The whole is a lovely demonstration of how versatile these stamps are when combined with previous themeplates too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!