Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 September 2011

Colour my life with music by ikki

When I first saw this new stamp from the Music theme set, I knew I wanted colour and a dramatic look to set of the beautiful image!   Black, White and Orange gave me this look.......

I really enjoyed creating this card with my distress inks and a masking technique using post-it notes.  I stamped the image on the slant to correspond with the PC generated sentiment, then placed 3 post-its round the image and applied ink.  With the completed section covered with another mask you can continue to colour the other sections with different but toning inks by just moving the masks about.   This is a simple way to give drama and highlight an image if you don't mind getting inky fingers!



Materials used:
White textured 6 x 6 card
Cardstock: black, white
Nestabilies: Large square #7/ Grand square #1
Stamps: Music
Ink: Black Memento
DI's: rusty hinge, dried marigold, spiced marmelade, mustard seed
Scoreboard
PC generated sentiment

Thanks for dropping by,

12 comments:

  1. Stunning effect using a great stamp. Thanks for reminding me about this technique which I'd forgotten about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ikki, I love the contrast between the geometric look of the background and the swirls on the stamped image
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely. gorgeous colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colours together & the way you have placed the instrument in a patch of colour making it look as if it is in a spotlight. The masking has given a lovely dimensional look to this & I love the classic classiness of it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are beauitful new stamps and your card with the violin is marvelous. The colouring of your background is magnific.
    Nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, I love the way that you've coloured the background.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but elegant as always, Ikki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ikki,
    I love this card; the computer generated greeting looks so much better than those I matte & layer, how did you do this please?
    Kind regards
    Gill Edmonds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely very dramatic Ikki. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful. Maybe it's the time of year, but I find myself loving shades of orange & yellow more & more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card and those colours look fantastic

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning!
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!