Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Faux Snow Globe by Judith Smith

Hi folks, I just wanted to share this card that I made using one of the lovely images from The 'Fat Robin' set of Christmas stamps just being released at Chocolate Baroque I really like this little scene with the robins on the bird table, with the Christmas pud and the mince pie! I decided to create a faux snow globe effect, by using triple embossing, but adding thick white glitter in the second layer of the embossing.




I placed the image onto some of the lovely Spirit of Christmas papers, now available as a download from Chocolate Baroque. I then created a flower from polymer clay, using the Steampunk flower from the 'Steampunk Christmas' stamp set, painting it with acrylic paint once it had been cooked. The leaves are simply the larger flower stamped onto green card.


Some gingham ribbon, mesh and curly wire complete the card. Don't forget to keep checking back to see what the other Design Team members have created with these new stamps this week. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Another lovely card - cute image too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love everything, but the background & the gingham ribbon are especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always Judith.
    love Shirley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to meet you face to face on Saturday. I am back home now sorting through all my lovely new stash, though is some is still in transit, in the DHL parcel I sent to cope with my excess luggage. Now I just have to try to scrape together enough to buy this lovely stamp plate. I love your card, and others I've seen using it. Now I want to have a go. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Judith. I like the triple embossing on the robins, and the backing papers go so well, I can see them going into my basket very soon.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this one Judith what lovely colours and techniques, thanks for sharing. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, I love the idea of the triple embossing adding the glitter, might have to pinch that one.

    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing - I love the matting of the gingham with the mesh - the gingham echoing the mesh weave beautifully. As for the sense of the snow falling in the snowglobe - terrific. I love the way that the backing paper also has images of the robin & holly & your additional wire is so effective. those muted reds with the olive greens are fast becoming colours I want to experiment with for this year's cards.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!