Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Shine a light at Christmas (posted by Elaine)

I have been working with the lovely new Peace on Earth and Stained Glass Christmas plates to make this 8 x 8 card. You can find the new Christmas stamps here. I wanted a luxurious feel so worked in black velvet and gold.


I stamped the images and embossed in the fabulous Ranger Queens Gold embossing powder. I added red, gold, block and white opaque glitter to the stained glass panel using a fine glue pen. I added a sentiment from an older plate Light of Christmas embossed in gold.

I added some of my favourite tiny gems to the lamp for a flame and as detailing.

I finished off the card with a gold star, more tiny gems, gold ribbon and large black gems and matted the panel onto gold mirri.

Christmas will be here before we know it so it's time to get cracking on those special cards.

Elaine

7 comments:

  1. Elaine it's gorgeous. Beautiful Christmascard. So stylish, love it.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Elaine - it's great to see plenty of glitter! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Elaine. A real a touch of luxury with this one.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly luxurious card Elaine - superb use of these lovely new stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning - the detail & the texture left me gaping & my jaw still hasn't recovered. Terrific......
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avery beautiful & stylish card Elaine, you definitely achieved your aim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine love this very elegant card. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!