Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 4 September 2011

A bit of paper weaving (posted by Judith)

I was very pleased to be able to work with the new set of stamps 'The Art of Chess' when Glenda sent these to us, as I thought that they would be perfect for men's cards. (I also have a fabulous idea for a girly card too, using these stamps!) I decided to keep my colour scheme very simple, and just use black and white.
I marked 11/2 cms sections at one side of my card, and wove white card strips through my top black piece of card, to create the illusion of the chessboard fragment. For balance, I used a fabulous large swirl from the 'Butterfly Dreams' stamp set, which I embossed in white in the opposite corner. I stamped the sentiment, and mounted it onto a Nestability frame, fixing it to my card with two white brads. Finally, I stamped two large chess pieces onto glossy card, one black, and one white.


These are great stamps, look out for more Design Team samples coming your way this week. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

11 comments:

  1. Clever bit of weaving here - lovely monochrome card

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever Judith, lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Idea Judith, love the chess board effect.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Judith really like that one very clever. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful male card, loving the new stamps and your fabulous weaving. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and great composition. Love the paper weaving - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great male card I'm loving these tamps more and more as I see all the fab makes you all have been creating. I'm just off to order mine

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paper weaving is brilliant - & that balancing with the swirl is so effective & really softens the angularity of the weaving but at the same time picks up on shapes of the chess pieces - if that makes sense.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant card as usual Judith. The paper weacing picks up on the chess theme fantastically well.

    Another set of stamps for my Xmas list

    ReplyDelete
  10. These stamps are perfect for male cards. I really like the black and White theme
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fab card, love the weaving and the flourish in the corner. A perfect male card.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!