Pin It button on image hover

Friday 2 September 2011

If Music be the Food of Love! (posted by Elaine)


When I saw the music and hearts on this lovely stamp plate this quote popped into my head!

I strated off with a cream background and added treble clefs and the curvy music staves part of the violin stamp to make up a background using Hazel Adirondack dye ink and colouring with Peach Bellini Addirondack and Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo DI.I then heat embossed various elements from the stamps onto gold and copper pearl card using contrasting gold and copper EP and cut them out using tiny scissors. Using the curled leaf from the Brocade Background plate, I stamped in Russet Archival ink and coloured in Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I mixed these with some brown paper leaves to make a trail across the card. I finished the card with a computer generated sentiment coloured with the same inks and cut out with a nestie, added gold ribbon and ric rac and some amber gems.

Keep popping over this week to see what the other girls have been up to with these new stamps. We hope you feel inspired by our ideas.

Elaine

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Elaine great colours, thanks for sharing. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Elaine, love the leafy trail across it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous, I love the leafy trail and the lovely colours. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, you're so talented. I think I hate you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is brilliant - thanks for sharing your ideas for using this great set of stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous Elaine, I love the colour palette and those trailing leaves look fab
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your leaf trail is quite stunning & I love the golden colours of the whole composition. I particularly like the way you have accented the musical background with the musical notes on both the heart & the violin - with that golden rule of three in operation to perfection.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, I especially love the trail of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Elaine! It has got vibrant glow. thanks for sharing
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Elaine, love the golds.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!