Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 17 September 2011

Ideal for a Chess fan

  
When we recieved our stamps for making samples I recieved the Music Fanfare which I love but with my Hubbys birthday around the corner thought the Art of Chess would be ideal for him.
This is an 8x8 card backed with paper. I cut out a square from acetate and used as a mask along the sides as a suggestion of a board. The chess pieces are stamped in black and brown and the edges are distressed. The centre image is stamped with Brilliance Tiramisu and clear embossed. I turned the ink pad as it isn't as big as the stamp. The shading around the sun is Antique Linen Distress Ink so the white of the palace stands out. I mounted onto brown and black then finished with a sentiment.

Keep popping back as there will be more inspiration coming from the Design Team.

Debbie

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Debbie - that chess stamp set is a great one for men's cards. I like the colours you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous male card, makes a change from fishing or football! I like the way you've added the large chess pieces at the sides.
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Debbies and especially like the line colouring with the Tiramasu. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your turning of the inkpad that way round has worked beautifully with the perspective & really gives such an impression of depth to the whole. I love your use of blacks & browns with the whites & creams. Quite striking.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. When I first saw these stamps I didn't think I would use them very much. Then I remembered my sister plays chess & her birthday is next month - perfick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for men's cards - they are so difficult

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, a gorgeous card, love how you played with technique! warm greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!