Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Colourful Tulips (by Debbie)

For my last post of the tulip stamp from the Spring is in the Air stamps, I kept it black and white. This side stepper card shows how beautiful the flower looks coloured with alcohol pens.
I started by stamping the background onto an A4 piece of white card with green ink. I scored and folded the card then added the topper and tag. For the topper I had used an old brass stencil that I was curious to see if it would emboss and was pleased with the result. The tulip is beautiful to colour and I think there are many combinations of colours to use. I made a tag and attatched to the back of the card. Thanks for visiting, Debbie

5 comments:

  1. This is such an example of co-ordinating the background with the main image panel - I love the way you've used green this time & the whole way that the tulip pops - the matting makes a super frame with the background stamping & that embossing is lovely as a surround from your stencil.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your orange tulips Debbie, they are exactly the colour of the early ones that come up in our garden! Beautiful side-step creation! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! You just can't go wrong with black and white, or a tulip! Poppies are the other flower you can't go wrong with! This is a gorgeous creation! I've been using a bit more orange and peach myself. Your coloring with the alcohol pens is perfect!

    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is fabulous I love the black and white with the splash of colour on the tulips

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Debbie love cas xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!