Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A vase full of spring! (posted by Elaine)

I love signs of spring and one of my favourite things is to see the grey and yellow pussy willow coming into bloom, I love to bring some into the house with daffodils and catkins.

 
I stamped the image from Spring Foliage in Cocoa Brown Memento ink on cream card and coloured with pencils. I stamped the vase which is actually a perfume bottle from the Dressing Room set embossing in copper EP, cut out with added ink shading. This was then decoupaged into place. The image was framed using a die cut. I matted the whole thing onto an Echoes of Italy marble effect paper from my stash, onto an 8 x 8 card and finished off with a little sentiment from the Pretty Poppies set, brown ribbon and brass butterfly charms and flower beads.

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty ... I love pussy willow too, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Art Deco frame & a lovely idea to place the Pussy Willow in the vase (perfume bottle) - reminds me of my Swedish childhood when sprigs of birch were brought inside for Easter & decorated with feathers. Love your colours & the way the orange vase pops against the elegant dark town & white framing. Love the charms & flower beads.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What a great card, and the layout is awesome!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty card I love it

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Elaine and what a great idea to use one of the pretty perfume bottles. It works perfectly with the style of the die cut frame. Gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!