Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 3 February 2013

Think Spring ! (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are keeping warm and enjoying your weekend.

I'm looking forward to Spring, especially when I started 'working' with the gorgeous new stamps launched this month!   I love to garden & get very excited when the first flowers from the Spring bulbs pop up.

My card today features the two Crocus designs from the new Spring is in the Air set .  This A5 set includes a variety of beautiful & detailed designs that are wonderful for colouring.  


I started with designer paper that has very little design, stamped the Crocus over top & coloured using my Prisma Pencils.  I also blended a little Distress Ink around the outside of the sheet.   The narrow purple strip is a piece of Dylusions painted paper that was cut off another design (which you will see later).     The pretty Crocus with the writing behind was also coloured with my Prisma Pencils.   I added a little glitter, blended a little Distress ink around the edges & used a die cut from Spellbinder (S4-202) behind it.    "Beauty" is from the wonderful Artistic Expressions set.


Here is a look the beautiful  Spring is in the Air set.  


I hope you have enjoyed this little taste of Spring and stay tuned for beautiful designs by my Team mates !

Thanks for your visit,
Shirley

14 comments:

  1. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Shirley. Makes me feel as though Spring is just around the corner!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a gorgeous card Shirley, I think I NEED this set lol

    Jackiemx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Karte ist einfach wunderbar. Da kommen so richtig Frühlingsgefühle auf. Sobald man die Stempel hier in Deutschland kauf kann, werd ich mir die auf jeden Fall zulegen.
    Liebe Grüße
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you stamped & coloured onto the patterned paper & your use of black & mauve on this are just beatiful with the warmth of the paper. I love the way you picked that up with your distress inked edges too. One of my favourite flowers - they're just poking their heads up from the soil at present.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card... Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wunderschön! Die Stempel sind ebenfalls entzückend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, I love the design and your colouring. I saw the first crocus showing colour in my garden this week, a real hope that spring is coming. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, and colors! Nice layout too!
    Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!