Pin It button on image hover

Friday 8 February 2013

Terrific Tulips

We are all waiting for the spring bulbs to break through the ground and bloom with full colour signalling warmer weather is on its way. For my card I kept it to white and black to show the beauty of the tulip stamp. The tulip is from Spring is in the Air and the sentiment is a favourite of mine from Loving Sentiments. I'd love this tulip stamp larger and making into a wallpaper. Some how I don't think I could afford it.
This is an 8x8 card and for the background I stamped the Tulip with Versafine black onyx onto an A4 piece of white card. I like the Versafine ink as it gives a lovely crisp image. The stamped card was cut to size and mounted onto black. With the left over card I trimmed to make a border strip. The Floral Oval Nestabilitie is one of my most used and the sentiment fits beautifully. I stamped it onto white, trimmed off the edging then cut it again out of black and glued them together. Thanks for stopping by Debbie

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Debbie, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really elegant card I love the monochrome look you have given it

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Debbie! I love the black and white together, very elegant and formal looking, but the flowers make it pretty and feminine. I need to get more of the sentiments stamps like the one you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Debbie, you excel at clean and elegant! This is beautiful and the lovely tulip stamp works perfectly for this design. Gorgeous work

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - so elegant & clean with a real classiness. The way you have made a background for the sentiment & then framed it with the black ornate die-cut really ties the two together for the ornate die-cut edging echoes the frilliness of the tulip petals. I almost missed this post - glad I stumbled onto it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!