Pin It button on image hover

Monday 25 February 2013

Crafting on the Edge (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have a couple of samples to show you today showcasing the new Clear Edge stamp sets. In my first sample, I have created a sunny background with an ink wash. I then used a harlequin mask and Pan Pastels to start building up my background. I also stamped a script stamp from the Poppy Butterfly Collage stamp sheet using Versafine Ink, and then swiped Pan Pastels over the top. I added a decoupaged poppy and some butterflies from the same stamp sheet to my card, which I coloured with pencils. I created the border by using the harlequin edge stamp from the new Decorative Edges stamp sheet 
 




 




For my second sample, I created a watery background by painting inks onto watercolour paper, and dropping sea salt onto the background while it was still wet. Once it was dry, I brushed the sea salt away. I stamped a seaweed image from the Underwater stamp sheet onto the background. I then stamped a seahorse from the same stamp sheet onto a large Nestie shape, which I coloured and masked off. I coloured the background with Distress Inks, and added some more seaweed images. I then stamped the circle edge along the bottom, and embossed it with white embossing powder, to represent bubbles.








These edge stamps are so versatile, and can be used in so many different ways. Keep popping back to see what my Design Team mates have been creating. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

11 comments:

  1. Zwei wunderschöne Karten.
    Die gefallen mir beide sehr, und die Hintergründe sind fantastisch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - love the salt technique to create that watery feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, the backgrounds are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, I love the second specially.
    Beautiful colors and design.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. two gorgeous creations Judith, I love them both.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beaytiful combined in stamps and colours, but the second one is stunning! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your cards are lovely Judith but unusually for me (purely because of the subject of the images... I usually go straight for butterflies as you know) I really love the second one. The use of the bubble edge stamp is so effective and looks so real and the colours are just beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauw dit zijn twee mooie kaartjes echt prachtig.
    Liefs Rianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your have made two gorgeous cards Judith they are both lovely but I think the butterfly one is my favourite

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all delightful & I particularly like the way you coloured the poppy in the first one - it really pops against the background.
    the second one is my favourite - that background reminds me of corals under the sea & I love your white embossing across the the bottom of the image panel.
    That border really works a treat in the final sample - very classy with the brown & black combination & the way your card's shape echoes the tip of those flowers on the border stamping.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I like the colors you chose! Those background stamps are wonderful! I like the colors you used for the water, and I've always admired that sea creature set. I think seahorses and seadragons are my favorite sea creatures of all! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!