Pin It button on image hover

Friday 8 February 2013

Rose Stem Script - Stamp of the Week


This week we are delving deep into the archives to bring you a stamp set that has been a firm favourite for several years - Rose Stem Script.

It's such a pretty stamp, it's been fun to dig it out and have a play with it again.  The card above is made with the rose stem, combined with one of our newest stamp sets - Rose and Thistle.  I used the little sprig to stamp around the edges of  a piece of A6 sized cardstock with Versamark then used PanPastels to colour over them.  The rose is also stamped with Versamark and again dusted with PanPastels.  The panel was layered onto olive green card and then onto Firefly Prima paper on an 8x8 inch card and finished with an olive ribbon.

I have to show you this card too - made by Lesley.



Now you might think that it's just a pretty card, but hop on over to Lesley's blog and you'll see that it marks a pretty major achievement for her.  She's right handed, but is currently recovering from a nasty break in her upper right arm. She created this card from scratch with just her left hand!  So if you're feeling a little creatively challenged or in a mojo slump, why not set yourself the challenge of seeing what you can create with the 'wrong' hand!  You might just surprise yourself!



8 comments:

  1. This was the very first stamp I ever bought from you and it's been a firm favourite of mine for years.

    I think it might just be what I need to make a mother's day card with. I might just have a play with my promarkers this time.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Glenda that stamp will make a great Mother's Day card I think I might just have to buy it
    Lesley's card is great too especially as she has had to use her left hand....well done Lesley

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Lesley's card was amazing when I saw it on her blog last night & admire her attitude of getting round the difficulties rather than being defeated by them - it makes such a difference to the outcome. That's not to diminish the value of her very special friends!
    Love the way you combined the old with the new in your example & the glow you achieved around the rose itself echoing the patterned paper's colour.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've finally discovered how to leave a comment on this Blog!

    Beautiful work with this gorgeous stamp which my Hubbie bought me for Christmas this year.I love the idea of using Pan Pastels on it with pastel shades and the Firefly paper works very well as a background.

    Lesley,you're a star,well done on a super card.

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's pretty :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had that stamp for years and it is truly gorgeous. Well done for using the 'wrong hand' to make it - I've had surgery on both of my hands and been in plaster for 6 weeks each time - it's a real challenge to do anything! Luckily, although I am left-handed I use my right for many things (except writing) so stamping is something I can do with either :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamps look so great combined with Panpastels. It's a beatiful card!
    By having had a blesure on my vinger at my right hand a long time, I learned to do a lot with the left. And having a handy left-handed dad, I learned a lot of things in a left-hand-way from the start... Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card, Lesley, and one would never know that you weren't using the "right" hand! Beautifully done!

    The first card is gorgeous! Beautiful soft colors, and that ribbon is really nice!

    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!