Pin It button on image hover

Monday 11 February 2013

Enchanted Forest (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have a project to show you today using the Fantasy Woodland stamp set combined with Woodland Dreams to make an enchanted forest scene. I have used Distress Inks to create the background and paper masks to create the hills that the trees are standing upon. The trees were then coloured with pencils, and I added further foliage around the edges with deeper colours to add depth.

No enchanted forest would be complete without a fairy, so I have added one of those as well, along with some little handmade flowers created from glassine paper.






The eagle eyed amongst you may see one or two stamps that you do not recognise. If you care to take a look in the What's New Department on Valentine's Day, February 14th, you will be in for a treat!

Keep popping back for more fabulous samples from my Design Team mates, thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The trees are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very special - the colours are just glorious & I particularly like the blue wings of the little elf. The scenery i a joy to behold & I think I spy some of those newbies...... I particularly like your greyish hills in the background which give such a sense of perspective.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Judith. The colours and composition are beautiful. These stamps are at the top of my wish list now and I suspect the new ones will be joining them.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty, Judith! I love the new tree stamps! Your coloring and shading is perfect, and the layout makes it look realistic!(kind of) Great work!

    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful this is and what lovely colours - what type of pencils did you use for the colouring and what's the best paper to use please? I'd love to have a go at this but somehow I never get such a nice result and I'd like to know what's best to use - hope you don't mind me asking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Judith I love it. The colours work perfectly and the addition of the fairy is just right

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. To answer your question regarding the pencils and paper, I have used Polychromos pencils for this sample. I love the way that they blend and layer together. I often use Coloursoft pencils however, which are cheaper, and produce lovely results. For this particular sample, I used HOT pressed watercolour paper, which I often use for my samples, but I will use a smooth white card, or something like a smooth patterned paper to stamp on as I did in the Verdigris tree sample a few days ago. (I used Coloursoft pencils for that sample, by the way). I hope that this helps, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!