Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 7 February 2013

Verdigris Tree (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I'd like to show you a sample that I have created using the Fantasy Woodland stamp set.

I stamped the orange tree image onto a piece of background paper, and coloured the image with pencils. I then embossed the edge of the paper with verdigris embossing powder. To create the background, I embossed some pearlescent card, and painted it with patina paints. Once these were dry, I rubbed some of the surface back, to reveal the dark card underneath. I added some burgundy satin ribbon, and a word which is a partial stamp from the Artistic Affirmations stamp set.







As you can see, the oranges on my tree are not orange, but it is a Fantasy Woodland tree after all!

Keep checking back for more samples from my Design Team mates over the coming days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. The background is so beautiful! And the stamp from CB is popping out beautiful. Great card! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card and I love the background

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Judith, I love the tree and your gorgeous background.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quite amazing combination of the different media & I love the sense of fantasy you incorporated. The deep russetty colours really enhance the aquas & greens & I particularly like the way the leaves of the tree are echoed in the embossed background.
    The little brads add a lovely sense of metal to the whole too picking up on the verdigris theme.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and colored so softly and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Karte ist wunderbar. Vor allem find ich die Farben vom Hintergrund grandios.
    Liebe Grüße
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Judith! I love that fabulous background which draws out the more muted colours of the main image perfectly. That tree is so pretty!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!