Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 17 February 2013

The Miracle of Spring Flowers (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a couple of cards today and this first one features the pretty Winter Aconite (normally yellow), from the new Spring is in the Air set.  I've used a quote from the Loving Sentiments set -  it is a miracle to see flowers & plants come back to life each Spring.  


I started with water colour paper and Dylusions Inks (blue, turquoise, green & purple), sprayed with water, blotted with a paper towel roll and dried with my heat gun.  I blotted the ink away using water on the flowers & ground then coloured using Dylusions Inks with a small water barrel brush. 

I stamped the delicate Flourish Tree from the new Fantasy Woodland Set to add the flourish design around the border with Peacock Feathers DI.   Designs by my talented team mates inspired me to use the tree as a Flourish.  

I used Picked Raspberry & Salty Ocean Distress Inks around the sentiment.  The die is Spellbinder S4-143. 



And here a a few simple note cards that I created with the Tulip from the Spring is in the Air set.   Elaine suggested these could be tied up with a ribbon and presented as a little gift, maybe for a Hostess?  I coloured the Tulip with my Tombow markers and matted with a Spellbinder S5-090 die cut.


Thanks for your visit & have a great day!
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, and great colouring on the tulips. I love the first spring flowers coming through the cold winter ground, it always makes me smile. Nature is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely splendid & I love your colouring of the tulips with the sponging to surround it. The little aconites look superb - I was just thinking about colouring yesterday & it dawned on me that we don't have to paint them in exactly the real colours; it was such a freeing thought which you've really helped to consolidate in my head. I love the way you created the ground for the aconites & your little metal embellishments are so pretty with the sentiment.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card and note lets are beautiful, I love the aconites and the background you have created for them is gorgeous. The tulips by contrast are very C&S and elegant

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs and work, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, the colours really show off the stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!