Pin It button on image hover

Monday 11 July 2016

Autumn's Smile (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am sharing a project or two today, using our current stamps of the month. Along with the rest of the Design team, I have been enjoying working with these stunning stamps from Sue, and hopefully, I can add my piece of inspiration to the daily treats that the team have been giving you.

My first card uses the Autumn Medley rubber stamp to create a seasonal card. I stamped the image, and masked it before creating a leafy background, using leaves from my garden and Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  I coloured the image with water based markers, and added extra detail with pencils afterwards. I added one of my all time favourite sentiments, taken from the Nature's Peace stamp set. I matted the background onto green card, before adding it to a black card blank.

For my second card, I have created a wrinkle free Distress background, and combined the Tangled Birch individual stamp with stamps from Patchwork Landscape and Seasonal Fragments, to create a scene. I coloured the images with water based pencils.

My last card uses the lovely Autum Medley stamp once again, and I have created a border around the image, using stamps from the Autumn Poppy stamp set. I stamped the foliage using various colours of Archival Ink, and then coloured everything with Polychromos pencils. I decoupaged some of the leaves on the main image.
Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. On all I love the warm colours and the delicate looking designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designs, the Autumn Melody is my favourite of the new lady stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning Judith - love the leafy background
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Judith, three fabulous cards using these new stamps. The two cards using Autumn Medley with lovely Autumnal shades work fabulously and love the use of leaves from the garden and then the other with all that mass of prettily coloured foliage. The design of the Tangled
    Birch with the Seasonal Fragment foliage and the Patchwork Landscape stamping in the background is a fantastic idea and gives it a totally different look and with such beautiful colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Judith, fabulous warm colours, my favourite kind, beautifully designed too, thanks so much for this inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful makes. Been playing with that autumn lady myself today. Lovely image. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!