Pin It button on image hover

Friday 29 July 2016

Four Seasons for Four Ladies (by Anne)

Good morning. I am so loving the new Four Seasons Collection of stamps. I love the new Tangled Birch too – will have to make something with that very soon.
Running behind with time to get my post done for you today I thought that I had better make something quick and easy with a clean and simple style (CAS). The stamps are so gorgeous in themselves that they really do not need much adding to them. I started with the gorgeous Summer Fair, simply stamped with Versafine (Onyx Black). I then quickly coloured the flowers and foliage by scribbling with watercolour pencils and brushing over with a water brush. Voila! A lovely CAS quick card – all I had to do was mount her on a card blank.





However …… those of you that know me, know that I struggle a little with this style. I am definitely a ‘more is more’ girl – tee hee. I thought … ‘well I have to do a set of 4 to include all 4 seasons’. Off I went to make the others with Autumn Medley, Spring Awakening and Winter Dawn.
But then I thought … ‘wouldn’t they look good with my Art Nouveaux style die cut frame’. This then involved die cutting, matting and layering. Cutting the oval from the stamped images also required a little bit of care as parts of the image overhung the frame. I have included a pic for those that are new to this technique. You need to snip into the image so that you can leave the overhang free from the die.


But I didn’t stop there! I then thought ….. ‘oooh, wouldn’t they look good with some of my die cut flowers and leaves’. So my quick to make single CAS card turned into a mammoth make. I did have fun though.




I hope that you like them …. And you could always stop at the CAS stage. Anne xxx.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous cards Anne, beautiful colours and designs, super inspiration thank you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the simpler to the more complex these are all fabulous Anne but I do adore the Winter Dawn with the added snowflakes. Thanks for all the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I like the fact that you can't stick to clean and simple!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!