Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 9 July 2016

Icy Tangled Birch (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a wintery themed card using the beautiful new Tangled Birch stamp. This is such a detailed stamp and so versatile, I thought it would be a good opportunity to start my Christmas cards. Have you started yours yet?


I began by stamping the focal image on some stamping card and dusting distress ink (Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade) over with a shaving brush before distressing with Iced Spruce ink. I splashed the background with some water and blotted with some kitchen towel to create a snowy effect. I stamped the image on acetate with versamark, extending the land a little with a versamark pen  and embossed with a silver embossing powder. I layered this over the background, attaching with a couple of silver eyelets. and added some glitter to the moon using a Zig glue pen.

To make the background I used the same colours of distress ink and dusted them over a larger piece of card, trying to follow through the colours from the topper. The snowflakes are from Reindeer Landscape, stamped with Iced Spruce distress ink and then I've added dots of glue and sprinkled with glamour dust.


I've used some silver card from my stash to mat and layer the image and the background and added a silver bow to finish off. 

Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from my lovely teamies. 
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty creation Claire and the tree looks great on acetate and I love the softly coloured background and the beautiful snowflakes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo this is fabulous - love it to pieces Claire - those trees look wonderful and I adore the colours in the background - wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Claire this is absolutely gorgeous, wonderfully designed and coloured, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!