Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Kraft Card Ladies (by Julie)

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Wow, aren't the new stamps wonderful this month? I have to say that when they landed on my craft table I was so excited to get started with them as the designs are all so fantastic.


My first card is the Autumn Medley design, which I stamped onto Kraft card and then coloured with Polychromos pencils. I stamped the image 3 more times onto spare Kraft card so that I could cut out the leaves to add as decoupage. The little mesh fragment from the Rustic Fragment set was added around the edge.
The Autumn Medley is very versatile as the design around the edges of the base card has been stamped with it as well. I was just careful about the parts I added ink to and used a wet wipe to remove any excess from areas not intended to be stamped. To finish off I added dabs of Crystal Stickles.


My second card sees the Winter Dawn image stamped onto Kraft card and coloured with Polychromos pencils as before. I sponged Picket Fence stain around the edges to create an icy look and also added die cut snow flakes with flat back crystals. The base card was stamped with the snow flakes from Sparkling Trees and finished off with dabs of Crystal Stickles.


My third and final card uses the rather fabulous Tangled Birch image. I started by stamping the trees onto white stamping card and then adding Dusty Concord and Hickory Smoke Distress inks to the sky. Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress ink were added to the sun/moon and then I coloured the rest with brush markers. Picket Fence stain was wiped over the image to create the misty effect and blended all of the colours together.
As the trees have been tangled I decided to add some faux tangling to the base card. I did this by sectioning of areas with masking tape and stamping the Rustic Fragments around the edges before colouring with various Distress inks. To finish off, white pen highlights were added to the trees and border.
Well if you are reading this part, thank you for sticking with me on this bumper post and please remember to call in again very soon for some more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the new portrait cards!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're gorgeous Julie! Love the idea of the picket stain to give the misty effect, and the fake tangle frame too - must try them both out......
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, all three of them, love how you only used a few colours on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These three cards are so pretty Julie and I love your use of kraft card with the blues and browns added using pencils and the lovely mistiness of the tangled birch makes me think of a cold misty morning in Winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, I love the use of Kraft card and the effect with the pencils is brilliant. I love the atmospheric look of the Tangled Tree card, wonderful misty colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all fabulous, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three so beautiful! My favo is the tree (I just love treestamps:) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful cards Julie, I particularly love the autumn medley design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!