Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Bauble Butterfly (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. Today I am celebrating a lockdown Birthday, and like many of you this year, it will be a subdued affair. However, I am thankful for my family around me, and will celebrate properly once we can get out and about again.

I have created a card using stamps from last month's TV shows on Hochanda. There was a fabulous selection, and I was really spolit for choice when I came to creating something for my blog post. I decided to use the plain circle from Shaded Baubles, and added a butterfly from Butterfly Perfumery as a focal point.

 

I found a spritzed background in my stash, which I cut down to fit a 6" x 6" card, and drew a wiggly frame using a fineliner pen. I added a sentiment, from Butterfly Perfumery once again. The splatters are from the Timeless stamp set, such a useful little stamp. 

 I stamped the bauble image onto a paler version of the spritzed background so that it toned in with the main background, and then stamped the butterfly on top. I stamped the butterfly again on a piece of spare card, and coloured it with Inktense pencils, blending them with a water brush. I added shading around the edge with Distress Ink. I fussy cut the image, and decoupaged it onto the circle. 

Thanks for stopping by, take care, and stay safe,


Judith xx



2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and hope that you can have a better celebration later when things have settled down Judith. This card is beautiful, and love the blue background with the doodled edge, and then the round bauble works so well as a mat for the prettily coloured butterfly, and a lovely sentiment to finish. I love the added spatter stamping too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's just delicious in those light and delicate tones!!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!