Pin It button on image hover

Friday 4 December 2020

Tomte Tree

 Hello

I am sharing one of the cards I made for the Hochanda show in November. Unfortunately it didn't get shown on the TV show, but Lesley did show it on one of her Facebook lives.

First, I cut 2 pieces of A4 Kraft card to 148mm x 297mm and made a simple Cascade Card. 

I then used my stamping platform and stamped the tree image from Be at Peace stamp set onto a piece of polyester. 

With the Cascade Card open, I positioned the card under the polyester and when it was in the right position I stamped onto the card and embossed with white. I repeated this for the other side of the card. I coloured the tree with a white paint pen and added some red glitter.

I stamped the large tree from Trees a Crowd for the next layer of the card, again I embossed in white.



Inside the card  I stamped the trio of tomte from A Tomte Christmas set , I also stamped the larger ones twice and cut them out. I added some foam pads for dimension. I used some gesso at the base of the card for snow.


I added the sentiment and a little red belt to close the card.

I hope you like this card, it took a little bit of working out to get the tree in the right position, but was worth it in the end!

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

10 comments:

  1. It's just adorable in kraft plus white and red, Sandra! And love so much the surprise inside! Thanks for the step by step.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This should have been shown it's gorgeous, lovely details, with the wonderful inside.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sandra and so well thought out to get to match perfectly when folded back into that wonderful cascade shape. I love the added red coloured gnomes inside too. A gorgeous card and the red band giving the look of Santa's belt around the middle. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design Sandra and I like how you've kept your colouring quite simple. White embossing is a favourite of mine on Kraft card and the red is just perfectly Christmas! I love the fold of your card and the Santa's belt over it gives it the perfect finish....I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!