Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Fairytale (by Corine)

Hello!

Here I am again. This is my second post this month. Today I share a fairy tale with you. I had so much fun making this card with the masking technique.


I used stamps from the sheets:

Autumn Poppy

October Fairy

Gothic Fragments

Apply to a craft sheet Distress Ink Peeled Paint. Spray it wet with water and run the paper through it. You repeat this step in sequence with the following colours Carved Pumpkin and Salvaged Patina. Make sure that each step is completely dry before you start the next. 

Stamp the fairy on the mushroom with black waterproof ink using a stamping tool. Partly mask the fairy and stamp the gothic window. I stamped the branch on the right with Archival Vintage Photo.


Colour the mushrooms and the window with watercolour markers. Mask the window again and sponge with Distress Ink Prize Ribbon and Villainous Potion. Then stamp the leaves with Archival Peeled Paint.

Sponge at the bottom with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.


With a glitter gel pen you can add some accents in the image. 

To get more depth, you can create shadows with a charcoal pencil. Carefully spread the charcoal with a feather.

It's quite a lot of work, but fun to do. 

I hope I have inspired you. If you want to try this technique, I wish you a lot of fun.

Until next week!

Kind regards,

Corine van Kuilenburg

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a stunning card, just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and magical combination with the autumn leaves and mushrooms, and that wonderful gothic window, and then the pretty silhouette fairy and such beautiful colours too Corine..a gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, I love all the images and your design, gorgeous colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!