Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 13 November 2021

Autumn Colour (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have some leafy projects to share with you today. I thoroughly enjoyed using the new From Nature 1 stamp set that Lesley created and showcased last month on the TV shows. This set is so versatile, and will be a 'go to' set for me when I need to create cards for so many different occasions.

For my first project, I chose a piece of patterned paper, and stamped the large tag from Tagtastic using black ink. I added a bit of shading using Distress Ink around the edges. I stamped two of the flower heads from Floral Grunge onto book paper, and coloured them using pencil, in colours that matched the tag. I worked out where I wanted the flowers to go and stamped some little leaves from the From Nature 1 stamp set so that they would be peeking out from behind the flower heads. I used Versafine Clair ink. I also added the fabulous splatter stamp from Numerology, before adhering the flower heads, and trimming them to fit the tag shape. I then edged the tag again with black ink.

I created a background on a piece of Drawing Cartridge using Distress Ink, using colours to match the tag. I used a larger leaf and Versafine Clair ink as before to stamp all over the background, to echo the design on the tag.

For my second design, I inked up my gelli plate with a shade of green Distress Ink, and stamped one of the leaves from the stamp plate randomly over the plate. I pulled a print with smooth white card, and cut the card to the size that I wanted. I then chose a shade of green Versafine Clair, and stamped a smaller leaf stamp over the background, and added one of the sentiments. This was a really quick card, but great fun to create.

You could vary the colours, and each card would turn out differently.

My final card is a variation of a card from my previous post. I inked up a background using Distress Ink, and then just stamped lots of leaves in first and second generation stamping using Versafine Clair and Archival Inks. I love this riot of Autumn colour.


I will be back later in the month with more projects to share. Thanks so much for stopping by,


Judith xx



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Judith and I simply adore these leaves as they look fabulous on every card and in so many different colours, and the added tag over the top of that wonderful colourful background on the first looks so pretty, and love just the leaves in bright and more subdued tones on the other two. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!