Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 May 2014

Beautiful Birds (by Debbie)

 
 
When I received the Nouveau Lovebirds stamps, I was curious to see if I could go
with a wedding theme.
I stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold powder. I recently had a play with some Coloursoft Pencils and with a little left over birthday money I invested in  a small set.
 
For the birds and trees I quickly learned that it was best to keep the pencils sharp. Glenda is an expert when colouring with pencils and I certainly enjoyed taking time colouring the image.
I chose to mount the birds on colours from the pencil work. 
The Ivy Corners from the Wedding Belle and the sentiment were stamped with green ink.
I have a friend getting married in the summer so this card is going in the box of cards ready for their big day.
 
Many thanks for visiting
Debbie xx


13 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous inspirational piece Debbie, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, du hattest eine glorreiche Idee.
    Dieser Stempel ist wundervoll für eine Hochzeitskarte.
    Die Karte sieht fantastisch aus.
    Danke, für die schöne Inspiration.

    Sonnige Grüße von Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debbie!
    I think you friend will love this card and a good idea to keep the pencil sharpened!
    Lovely work!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea to use this design for a wedding card Debbie. The gold embossing is great and your colouring is super I love Colorsoft pencils and as you say a sharp point is a huge asset when getting into all those corners. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really beautiful - this looks like the perfect for a wedding - gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely image and your colouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card, love the design and the soft palette you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card and the colours you have used are lovely
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very beautiful clean card, wow! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous - your colour combination is stunning and the way you have coloured and shaded the two birds looks great - I love this stamp set, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this card is a cor and a wow! You have coloured the images so beautifully. I have a set of those pencils myself and I love them - they blend beautifully! You would never know you had only just starting working with them, a truly stunning card - tres elegant and tres chic! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The combination of gold embossing with pencil colouring is particularly apt for the theme & I absolutely love your framing of the image with those corners. Your matting onto the same colours as your pencil work helps to really bring out the colours. The white layers throughout coupled with the gold makes this a very elegant card indeed - perfect for a happy couple.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so elegant and works beautifully as a wedding card, and would also be good for an anniversary too. The green and red layering keeps the colour continuity of the card, and the ivy corners are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!