Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Repeat Stamping (by Debbie)

 
Good morning.
I've really had fun playing working with the Fleurs Nouveau stamps.
For my first card I had great fun colouring the flower with pencils and wanted to keep the colours soft as I used Memento London Fog for stamping as a change to using black ink.
I cut out the flowers with an oval die and blended with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
I stamped around the oval with words from the Amazing Birthday words. These are clear stamps and they will bend beautifully and you can see where you're stamping. The flower oval was attached with foam pads and I mounted onto a pale pink.
 
 
 
The mathematical side of my brain was very happy doing the repeat stamping for the background of this card. The stamp is from the Nouveau Lovebirds set. I love symmetrical things like fabrics and wall paper.
I stamped with a pale green and because there is a lot of detail in the background decided a sentiment on a label shape would be sufficient as a topper.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by
Debbie
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Two beautifully stamped cards Debbie. I agree grey ink is a gentler option and your delicate colouring and ink shading is lovely. I am so impressed with your sentiment stamping around the oval, so perfectly spaced and placed. Your second card is great, again lovely placing and a great classy looking card. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely CAS card and so effective Debbie....love it!
    Take Care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant cards! The gray looks much better than black for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I greatly admire your repeat stamping. A technique I have yet to master.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two beautiful cards - wonderful ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, love the beautiful colours and fabulous repeat stamping too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two quite unfussy but lovely cards. I love the flowers and the soft pink colour you have used on the first one, and the repeat stamping, and the sentiment label and that pretty white satin ribbon complement this card perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Debbie. The repeat stamping is so effective. Love how you have stamped around the oval as well.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards! Fab use of colour and so very different from any of the other creations we have seen with these stamps. I love repeat stamping and don't do it as often as I should. Thank you for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soft colours of the first are delightful especially when combined with the grey stamping & your soft pencil colouring. The green leaves really draw the eye & your sentiment oval repeat stamping is a lovely idea curving about the focal image. As for the second - just a really lovely piece - it ticks all my boxes in elegance & original design, the sentiment stamped in black over the partial image is a striking touch especially when combined with that lovely satin white ribbon.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!