Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 17 May 2014

An elegant Christmas (posted by Claire)

Good morning, today I've got a card featuring the gorgeous new Fabulous Flappers stamps from Chocolate Baroque. These stamps are gorgeous on their own but also will work beautifully with lots of other Chocolate Baroque stamps. My first thought when I say this lovely lady in her elegant coat was that she's look fab with one of my favourite Christmas stamps from The Gift of Christmas. I just love this lovely Christmas tree with the adorable pets silhouetted in front of it and of course its never to early to start those Christmas cards.



I began by stamping the lady and masking her with masking tissue. Next I stamped the tree stamp and masked that, if you find large silhouette stamps difficult to stamp my little trick is to go over the image with a black marker to cover any areas that I haven't stamped properly. I added a die cut circular mask to create the moon and set to work with distress inks and a blending tool to create the sky (I used faded jeans, stormy skies and chipped sapphire). Once the ink was dry I added silver PanPastel to the moon area for a little shimmer.

I removed the masks and coloured the images with Graph'It markers and added some red stickles to the lights on the tree. Once everything was dry I took a white sharpie pen and added lots of snow 


I've layered the card up over some card that I'd stamped with a snowflake stamp and then covered it up with ribbon and lace. To finish off I've added a white bow and a snowflake brad.
I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from my talented team mates again this month
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. WOW this is a stunner! I love the beautiful scene you have created and the ribbon and lace finishes it of beautifully.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire this is stunning your colouring of that coat is just amazing and I love how you have created a scene with all the different elements
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Claire, the fur on the lady's coat makes this a brilliant choice for a Christmas card. You ink shading is lovely, I love the glow in the snow too and the sky is perfect, with the snowflakes - always a nerve wracking thing to do at that stage of a card! Your colouring with Graph'Its is really accomplished. A really lovely design. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. The stamps work so well together. Beautiful coloring as always. You really have set the scene perfectly. Gorgeous card Claire.
    Hugs,
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes the most gorgeous Christmas card and the colours, especially that lovely rich blue, are beautiful. The snowflakes in the background and the lovely lace and ribbon complete the picture perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mein Gott, Claire...
    Was für eine wunderschöne Karte! Mir bleibt der Mund vor Staunen offen :-O
    Ich bin wie in Trance, wenn ich dieses herrliche Werk betrachte.
    CHAPEAU!

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely stunning Claire - really gorgeous! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever idea. What a great holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super beautiful! And you are right; she fits so perfect with those Christmasstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser! Absolutely beautiful stamping and perfect for a Christmas card for someone special Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully different & so effective with the glow of the moon. My eye was really caught by the way you used the brilliant red for both her hair decoration & the lights on the tree. The colouring of her wrap is just beautiful.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!