Pin It button on image hover

Friday 16 May 2014

Fleurs Nouveau - By Florence

 Hi everyone

Apologies for being missing in action for the last few weeks.  I have been partying, crafting, shopping and holidaying with my two blogging friends Marie and Kylie.  They flew over to see me.   It has been my first holiday (well taking time out) for nearly 20 years!!  Wonderful time.  Mind you, I know you wont tell anyone, they didn't half hog the remote for the tv and the computers!! he he.

I have been popping in now and again, when I have had chance to have a quick peek at the fabulous projects made by the DT and the Guest Designers.  Amazing work ladies.

 Right down to crafting and less of my chat.



For my projects today I have made some cards which are quick and simple in style and not much fru fru.  I hope you like them.



please click on the image to see the detail


I have made all of the cards the same way but used different card stock and colors.

For my first card I used a piece of A5 coated card stock.

I masked off a thin strip using post it notes and then applied some Distressing Inks using a piece of cut n dry foam.

I then used some masks, some builders plastering tape and ink to make some pretty patterns.

*I have used some masks from my own stash but I know that there are so many great masks on the Chocolate Baroque website HERE.

When the ink was dry and leaving the masks on, I used the leaf stamp from the Fleurs Nouveau stamp set and stamped the leaf pattern using black archival ink.

To finish the card, I removed the post-it notes,  stamped the Happy Birthday (from Birthday words A5 Stamp set) sentiment and added some bling.



please click on the image to see the detail

For my second card I used some mat white card from my stash.

I masked and added color in the same way as above and stamped my leaf pattern.

To be honest, when I first added the color to the card stock, it absorbed quite a lot of ink and it looked dark and I wasn't to keen on it but then.....I thought maybe I can take some color out, just where the leaf patterns are.  

All I did to removed the color was to brush on the tiniest (just damp really) amount of water with a small paint brush, just here and there, and then press down onto the damp area with a piece of kitchen paper.  To cut a long story short, this was the result.  A bit of a happy accident really.  I quite like the tie die effect it created.



Please click on image to see the detail



For this card, again I have made it in exactly the same way as the two above, just changing the colors and I used the small little leaf pattern from the Fabulous Flappers.


So for my sentiment, I just stamped Birthday Greetings onto a small square piece of card and attached it to my card using foam pads.

Well I think that is all from me today.

Thank you for calling in.  It is always great to have your company.

Thank you also to everyone for leaving such lovely comments.  We always love to here from you and they are very much appreciated.

Happy Crafting

Florence x

18 comments:

  1. Stunning cards! Love how you "played"with the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, less is more is true for these cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sexy pretty cards. How clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous card Florence, I love the colours you've used, and the mix of stencils well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great cards Florence. Super to see a really different style with these stamps, it really shows their versatility. Great colours and great designs. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these simple but effective designs. My taste exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the way the purple one is done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are all fabulous Florence - i love doing this type of card and this is fabulous inspiration - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous, love the colours you have used too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, love the effect of this inking and stamping a masked off area - something for me to try with my Graphicus/CB stamps - mine are that old that they are Graphicus stamps lol! Beautiful inspiration - thank you Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful samples Flo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful colours on all three of these cards, and the masking off works beautifully. I love the pattern you have managed to get with the builder's plaster tape, and all the other stencil background detail, and the different stamps used randomly are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely simple card Florence - but so effective - second one is my favourite, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed reading them. Karen, a lot of my stamps are EI stamps from G as well! Shhhh! Showing our age now. I am really interested in what style of stamping/card making our CB family enjoy creating so thank you for including that in the comments. I really do value the feed back.
    Take care All,
    Flo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful. I love the colours you have chosen. They work well with the linear back designs of the stamps. :-)
    cheers, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three wonderful cards Florence, I love especially the first one, but all are really gorgeous!!!
    Regarding your question I can read above, for my part I would say that I can love different styles; The only condition is that a lot of care is taken in every detail to realize something as much beautiful as possible, like we do for small pieces of art... :) Hope I answer to the question! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Having had the pleasure of seeing these cards in real life before I left Florence in Spain, I can say that they are truly amazing up close and personal. The colours were brilliant!!

    Me? Hog the remote? I think not.. or maybe that was me...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely seeing so much clean space in the various colours being used to balance the concentrated intricacy of the stamped/inked/stencilled panels. The sideways sentiment is a lovely touch in the first & I love how the font of it really accents the curvature of the stamped flowers in the patterned panel. The embellishing 'bling' works beautifully with the hint of iridescence that it adds.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!