Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Twenties Tags (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have a couple of tags to show you today, using the stamp of the month stamp sets. I wanted to create a peice of artwork reflecting the fashions of the twenties, when the dresses were often beautiful ombre shades, with fringing and feathers, with lots of decorative elements. So my first tag tries to reflect these style features, using a background of Distress Inks, ranging from pale green to dark blue. I have spritzed the background with a shimmer spray to give the impression of a chiffon overlay.

I stamped a portion of the background with one of the slihouette flower stamps from the Nouveau Lovebirds stamp set, and added some fringing and a large feather. I used a tiny portion of one of the flapper ladies dresses from the Fabulous Flappers stamp set, which I coloured with pencils, and encapsulated it into a Nautical Frame with Dome charm.

My next tag was made using Gelatos on the background. I had this tag lurking in my stash from a while ago, and decided to try and make something with it.I used a mask, and some stamping with gold embossing using a stamp from the Texture Fragments stamp set. I stamped the flowers taken from both of the A5 stamp sets onto self-adhesive labels , and coloured them with alcohol based markers, adding some leaves from the Tangled Garden stamp set. Some funky crackle gems and ribbon complete the tag.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags! They are now on Pinterest :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that first tag is divine and strikes me as Parisian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tags! Love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't pick my favourite. I love the ombre effect on the first tag and the way the image pops on the second tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judith, I am like worrywort, I couldn't choose between them at all. Adore the first one and would like some fabric in a similar color, pattern and as described in your post. Love your funky arty second tag. Those colors are amazing and I really like how you have created a whole plant from the three stamps. Very clever indeedy. Encapsulate hey! You are on a role. It just goes to show how versatile these stamps are and that they suit all styles of crafting. Thanks for the inspiration as always.
    Hugs, Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous Judith - I'm loving the fringe and feather - awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Judith , I love your beautiful tags, the first one is very chique, and the second one is so bright and alive, so I prefer teh second one!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these tags are beautiful. I like the graduated colour in the first with the feather and fringing, and the ice cream colours of the second with the stencil and stamp detail in the background. I don't think I could chose a favourite because I love them both for different reasons, but I do love the two stamps you have used in the second with their fantasy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags Judith, love the colours and the beautiful fringing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great tags Judith. I love the ombre effect of the first and the touches of luxury with the feather and fringe. I could see that tag mounted onto a black card with self coloured embossing. The second card is really great, fabulous colours and colouring and I love the combination of stamps. The gelato background is really good. I am really trying to resist them! Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are gorgeous! I do love the ombre effect and those shades of blue on the first tag. I absolutely love the colours of the second. I received a set of Gelato's for Christmas and have been playing with them - your tag has inspired me to use more colour next time so thank you very much Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fabulous tags!!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I particularly like your idea of the first tag Judith & how it really reflects the 1920s design elements - I love the little charm pinning the feather, a bit like one of those headbands with a feather pin so typical of that era. The tasselled fringe of the tag really makes me think of the tassells on the 1920s dresses swinging from the hips.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!