Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Guest Post - Peony Dreams by Bianca Van Noort


This week's guest post is from Bianca Van Noort, who designed two versions of the same card. We liked them both and knew you would too so I shall hand it over to Bianca.

I'm really honoured to be guest designer with you so I made two separate cards using the same stamp and layout only different colours.

Peony Dreams 1

 

At first I sponged the background with Distress ink Old Paper. Next I used the stencil Damask and sponged it with Old Paper. Then I stamped the Chocolate Baroque Peony with Archival black, masked the flower and stamped again.

I colored the flowers with Distress colors Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Crushed Olive.Then I took the stencil Harlequin and sponged it with Picked Raspberry. The text came from Key to My Dreams and was stamped with Archival black.

To finish I stuck with some glue on to a slightly larger piece of black paper. The folded base of this card was sponged with Old Paper and the Harlequin stencil was inked on the edge with Picked Raspberry.

Peony Dreams 2


At first I sponged the background with Distress ink Old Paper. Next I used the stencil Damask and sponged it with Old Paper. Then I stamped the Chocolate Baroque Peony several times with Archival black.

I colored the flowers with Distress colors Rusty Hinge, Seedless Preserves and Crushed Olive. Then I took the stencil Cell Theory and sponged it with Rusty Hinge.The text came from Key to My Dreams and was stamped with black Archival.

To finish I stuck with some glue on to a slightly larger piece of yellow paper. The folded base of this card was sponged with Old Paper and the edge was inked with Rusty Hinge using the stencil Cell Theory.

I hope you like them.

We certainly did Bianca and thank you for these very pretty designs. I'm sure Bianca would love to receive your comments and if you would like to see more of her work then why not visit her blog - Bianci's Creaties.


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards love the colours on both cards, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the background extends beyond the border on the first card. The colours of both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! Just called over to see your blog Bianca. Wow! you do make such wonderful projects. Love your style of card making.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous designs, fantastic backgrounds and masking techniques. Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really gorgeous flowers cards!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are so beautiful. I like how you added stencils. They are certainly all the rage these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Bianca, love your colour choices, and layouts. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both these cards, but I completely adore the background stencilling in the second card and I love the yellow mat which picks up the colours perfectly. The first one has that pretty pink colour, and the plum colour mat you have used brings the Peonies out beautifully. The Peony is a gorgeous flower and so fleeting in the garden, but this stamp is a must have I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Bianca, I love the colours and layout you have used especially the colours of the second one
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, loving the backgrounds and the peonies are stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards Bianca - love the second one, great colours and background

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Bianca, I love your colours and backgrounds a lot!!!Great Art!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tremendous the way the whole ambience of the card is altered by your different uses of colour. I particularly like your second sample with the lovely haloing of white around the blooms & the texture from Cell Theory fading into the halo.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!