Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 31 May 2014

A little bit of Summer (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have some samples to show you today showcasing the Summer Fairy Collection unmounted stamp set. This set is full of lovely fairy images, and some great floral images as well.

My first card uses one of the large silhouette fairies, which I have placed on an inked background, made using Distress Inks. I chose several colours which I blended across the page, and then placed a leafy stencil over the top, and used the same colours again to stipple colour through the stencil. I added some deeper colour around the edges of the background to create a frame, and then stamped the trailing ivy across the top of the page, using a navy blue ink. I added a border around the bottom half of the card, using a tree stamp taken from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set. The two trees are a stamp from the same stamp set. I added some shading underneath the trees using a paper mask, and a toning green ink. I stamped the silhouette fairy, and the little butterfly, which comes from the Autumn Fairy stamp set, using Versafine ink.

I added some glitter glue to the fairy and butterfly wings for a little bit of sparkle.


My second card uses a couple of the flower stamps from the collection to create a fairly clean and simple card. I cut a rectangle of smooth watercolour paper, and stamped the freesia stamp at the bottom of the card. I covered the image with a mask so that I could stamp the image again on either side of the original image.

I coloured the silhouette freesia stamp with Distress Markers, blending several colours, and stamped the background with the mask in place. I placed the mask on top of each freesia image in turn, so that I did not stamp over them. I then coloured the three freesia images with Distress Markers and a waterbrush.

I matted the picture onto a piece of dark green card, and then placed this onto a larger square of light green card, adding some orange and green ribbon to my main image. I added three Crealie butterflies to the large background.



My last card was created using lots of masking again, and a hand cut stencil. You can buy Stencil Blanks from the website and cut your own stencils very easily.

I used one of the large fairies from the collection, which I stamped and masked off, before stamping poppies from the Poppy Meadow stamp set. I then masked these flowers and stamped the little silhouette flower from the same set. I added the stencil and coloured the sun rays using Distress Inks, before inking the remaining sky with blue. I have added a shimmer spray over the top.

I have coloured the fairy and flowers with Distress Markers. The two tiny butterflies are half of a butterfly stamped twice, taken from the Spring Fairy stamp collection. I simply covered half of the stamp with masking tape before I inked it up, then removed the masking tape before I stamped it onto the page. I have decoupaged them, and added glitter glue to their wings. The sentiment is taken from the Fairyland Words clear stamp set.

 Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards Judith

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your first it's the borders you created top & bottom that really catch my eye in the way they co-ordinate with the leafy background & those tres. Fascinating to see the layering of the stamps over the stencilled imagery. The second is my favourite with the colours & those lovely freesias. The ribbon being two tone really wraps (sorry!) the image beautifully & I love the way you combined both solid & outline freesias in your bunch. The blending of the colours has worked beautifully & those butterflies are a lovely accent. Your final card is full of life & I particularly like your use of the whole butterfly to create to two facing each other - they really accent her wings. I can see why you like that silhouette stamp so much for it accents the internal seeds of the poppy heads perfectly. I love the way your fairy is striding through the foliage with her toe just sitting perfectly on the leaf tip.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards. They are all coloured so nicely. I love the stencil bg in your last card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, love the backgrounds that have been created which showcases the images superbly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards in different styles, well done Judith! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first is delicate, the second elegant and beautiful, but my fav is the third! Great colours and stamping and stencilling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards Judith - I've had to have the summer fairies - such wonderful stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft stamping on the first. Very clever use of the stamps on the second and the third...Stunning. They are all fantastic cards Judith. Thank you for sharing so many lovely ideas.
    Great inspiration.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three completely different uses of these stamps. I really love the sun ray background in the third card. A totally different look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Judith these are such beautiful and lovely cards , I really love your colours and images , great ART!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow I missed these and they are so pretty. The first I love because it is just silhouettes and stencilling in the background, but is so effective in those subtle shades of blue and green. The second with the freesias masked and stamped several times makes a real statement with the again silhouetted ones and the splashes of orange with the butterflies and ribbon. The third is perhaps my favourite because I do love poppies and how clever to cut your own stencil for the backgrounds. Three beautiful cards. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!