Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Nouveau Love Birds by Florence

Hi everyone

I hope you are all well and that the weather if being kind to you in your part of the world.

We had a glorious start to the month here in Spain but it seems autumn has come back.  I am chicken watching at the moment.  One of my hens is sitting on some eggs so I am waiting for the little balls of fluff to appear.  I will let you know when there is any news.  So excited!

Today I wanted to share a little card using this months  Nouveau Love Birds Stamps.

Talk about exquisite designs!  There are so many possibilities with these stamps....truly.

 The stylized flowers in this set are just amazing and stamp beautifully.  They are also a great size and work wonderfully not only in card making but in artful journaling.



  
please click on the image to see the detail


For this card I stamped the flower image just onto bulk standard white card stock using black archival ink.

I colored in the image using some water color crayons (direct on to the dry paper over the image) and then softened and blended the colors using a damp paint brush.  To create the high lights, I just moved some of the color around with the damp paint brush and removed some of it with a piece of kitchen paper towel where appropriate. 

I lay my piece of stamped card onto an ordinary plastic document wallet and applied some Evergreen Bough Distressing Ink to the card edges using some Cut-n-Dry foam

When the distressing ink was dry I used one of the Abstract Fragments Background Stamps and black Archival ink to create a stamped frame.

To finish off the focal piece, I stamped the small butterfly from the Butterfly Blush stamp set, again using black Archival ink.

I gave everything a quick spray with an artists watercolor fixative to set the distressing ink.  This is not necessary but it does protect the surface of the card.

To complete my card, I mat and layered the card pieces and added some bling.


Before I leave you today

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments left on the previous posts.  They are very much appreciated.   Please feel free to use the comments box to let us know what style of crafting, card making or stamping you enjoy. 


Happy Crafting.

Florence x


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Florence, I love the colours you've used.. And the stamped images are fab, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again a beautiful background that lets the stamp shine! Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Florence, I love the background and colour you used. It really makes the flowers jump off of the page.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. I like the outside edge stamp you used. Your main image really pops. Here in Southern Canada, it is cool too. It did warm up yesterday but it won't last. Crazy weather this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the background and the colours are beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful card Florence - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely, but slightly different colours. That sort of emerald green goes beautifully with the lilac polka dots, and the lovely pearls down the side in a matching shade finish it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely exquisite card Florence, love this one!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful Florence with the way your bead trim is echoed by the centres of your flowers. The colours are wonderful together & I can imagine that fantasy flower growing out of the brickwork intimated by your stamped edges. The bold butterfly in black slants beautifully so that its wing tip leads the eye to the uppermost flower tendril & the eye then moves naturally downwards.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. Beth I hope your weather improves soon.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!