Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 17 March 2013

Floral Damask with a Bold Bloom (by Shirley)

Hello everyone,  I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

I have a couple designs today using one of the new Big Bold (& Beautiful) Backgrounds,  Floral Damask.     I've combined the first one with a flower from the Bold Blooms set.


I used peacock coloured designer paper for the background, stamped the Floral Damask background with Versamark, embossed with clear and blended Gathered Twigs Distress Ink over top.    It's a different effect as the image is not 'sharp'.

I embossed the Flower & Leaves from Bold Blooms & Fresh Blooms with a metallic mix EP (gold, silver & bronze) twice, coloured with Distress Inks and added some glitter to the decoupaged center.

I decided to not add too much to the background of this second card below.


I used a gold embossing power that has a bit of glitter chunks in it.   As you can see, the image is sharper this time.  I blended Distress Inks (Peacock & Raspberry) over and then added the sentiment from Birthday Words with Spellbinder label behind (S4-235).

Please keep checking here as my talented teammates have lots more designs using the new stamps.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day,
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. Stunning cards, I especially like the second one, probably because of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are striking & I especially like the way the leaves in the first cross the various matting layers. The colours are delightfully vibrant too. The second is my favourite - it reminds me of a gold screen/gate into an exotic garden, looking at the gate in such a way that the detail of the gate is sharp but all the flowers' colours merge into one another out of focus.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards but I have to admit that I absolutely love the second one

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beauty's

    greetings Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow very chique cards with gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant, I really like the color blend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful work, Shirley! What beauties!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!