Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 24 March 2013

Leafy Trails with a Single Rose (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have a card today using one of the new Big Bold Backgrounds -  Leafy Trails.   I've combined it with the single Rose from the Rose & Thistle set.



I stamped & embossed all the images with Gold and painted with my mica water colour paints.   Before I painted,  I blended Tattered Rose Distress Ink around the background.    The ribbon is hand painted silk which is a richer colour than the photo shows. 


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day !
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. A perfect combination! Just love the stamps and the colours you picked! Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the Tattered Rose to create that softness for the whole creation & the way the shine of the mica & wet embossing is hightlighted by the sparkle of your ribbon is quite terrific.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, I especially love how the leaves on the rose mirror the leaves on the background stamp. Your painting is great too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shirley, this is my favourite of the new background stamps and it looks lovely with the gold embossing. I like the pink shading too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!