Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 16 March 2013

Big Bold Brocade in reds by Debbie

The Leafy Brocade stamp reminds me of luscious velvet fabric so I had red in my mind when starting this card. For the backing I stamped red onto Kraft card with the Wildflower big and bold stamp. Then with versamark ink stamped onto red card and used clear embossing powder. For the nearest panel I stamped onto white with versamark and carefully added black, bronze and red WOW embossing powder. Each of the panels had the edges distressed and mounted onto black for definition. The main image is one of the dress forms from the Haberdashery stamps. The ribbon in the corner was white and was coloured with alcohol pens. The roses and pins finish it off. Thanks for visiting Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Goodness this is a stunner. One of my favourite colour combinations is white, kraft, black & red but I don't think I've ever used it. The tone on tone techniques are amongst my favourite & I Particularly like the way you brought the kraft & the red panels together in the red, black & copper wet embossed panel. A real delight & the bow is like the cherry on top of a large whopping ice cream sundae....... hmm - don't know where that came from for I'm not into food at all (!!!!!!!!).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, Paula is right that this is a stunner! I agree that the colors are just perfect together, and the bow is so "yummy"! Beautiful!
    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like this I have the haberdashery stamp set and am ashamed to admit I've not used that particular image so I might just have to borrow this LO if that's ok

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!