Pin It button on image hover

Monday 11 March 2013

Birdsong (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, here's another project using the new large background unmounted stamps. This time, I have tried to create a vintage feel by stamping the Belle Flowers unmounted stamp onto sticky back canvas. I then coloured the image with Distress Markers. After some experimenting, I found that they were the option that did not bleed.

I have stamped a floral design using gold embossing powder from the Texture Fragments stamp set onto a piece of background paper. I have also added some little birdcages stamped onto acetate. These are from the Pretty Birdcage stamp set. I added some gold ribbon to 'hang' them from, and made little bows to add to the top of the birdcages. I embossed a bird from the Fly Away with Me stamp set, adding co-ordinating inks. Finally, I added a sentiment taken from the Sing Your Song stamp set to complete the project.






I have even used some recycled cardboard and dragged out my sewing machine for this one! Keep checking back for more fabulous projects from my Design Team mates over the coming days, thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Judith. Wonderful details.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant card Judith and it has so much detail in it just gorgeous

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. heel mooi kaartje en mooie stempels echt een mooi geheel.
    liefs Rianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the gold on this is superbly effective - especially with those birdcages hanging from the pretty ribbon. I absolutely love the little perch & can't quite get over how striking the stamped fabric is, especially in conjunction with the corrugated panel.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Judith, I have some sticky back canvas that I have not opened yet. I may try to do something similar for a Quintile one month.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!