Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 18 June 2016

Dreams Rise In The East (by Asha)

Good morning, friends! I'm back with 2 more projects featuring the brand new Teardrop Baroque Ornament.

First up is an Art Journal page. Actually, its my very first attempt at art journalling. The design is inspired by a Dreamcatcher dancing in the wind at sunrise. I heat embossed the Teardrop Baroque Ornament, with black EP, onto a piece of vellum. I also heat embossed the tassels in the same way. These little elements are from Indian Textiles and Indian Elephant. To create the background I used Distress Paints. For texture and interest, I used the Miniscript from the Mini Stamps Multibuy set and randomly stencilled in some texture paste. To put it all together, I fussy cut the Teardrop Baroque Ornament and supporting elements and adhered them to the page. Finally, I added some string to the tassels.

The second project is an easy one. This time I heat embossed the Teardrop Baroque Ornament onto some black cardstock using white EP and coloured it with Faber Castell Polychromos. For a dramatic finish I added little dots a Silver Sharpie.  And there you have it - a super simple all occasion card.


If, like me, you find Art Journals intimidating, I'd like to encourage you to give it a go. It can be a stratifying experience. Unlike a card, an Art Journal isn't going anywhere. It's for your pleasure and, best of all,  you don't have to worry if the recipient is going to like it. Over at my blog I've got more pictures and details of all the materials used on this project.

Have a lovely weekend and don't forget to swing by often for more fabulous ideas from the rest of the team.

Beijinhos,
Asha

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Asha, fabulous colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both stunning Asha, have to admit the second is my favourite.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both very lovely Asha. Beautiful colours and designs. I think anyone would love to receive either of these designs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely projects, tfs. I'm off to your blog now to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more beautiful examples using this lovely ornament stamp Asha and I love the colours of both and the lovely textures on the first and then the drama with the white embossing on the black card for the second too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful, but that 2nd is my favorite; what an inpact!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!