Pin It button on image hover

Friday 10 June 2016

Palm Fan Dream (by Julie)

Hello and welcome. I hope you are loving the new Ornament stamps this month. I have had so much fun playing with them and today I have two creations to show you, made with the pretty Palm Fan Baroque Ornament


My first card is on a base of Kraft card, which I have then matted with a piece of wood effect, embossed card. I decided to keep it pale so just sponged over some Old Paper Distress ink.
The Palm Fan was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder, onto Kraft card, coloured with Polychromas pencils and then cut out with a circle die. I inked up the stamp with Potting Soil Archival ink and stamped twice onto shrink plastic. Before shrinking I punched a small hole in each of the images so that I could attach a jump ring to each piece, making it easier to attach the cord. Once the beads and shrink plastic Ornaments were threaded I attached the cords to a hat pin with 3 more jump rings. Both ends of the hat pin have been secured with foam pads and the main image placed over the top.


My second design is a bit of a play on the Dream Catcher theme. As before I have stamped and embossed with white powder onto Kraft card and coloured with Polychromos pencils followed by die cutting with a circle. I then punched three holes along the bottom of the circle for the jump rings, so the acetate feathers could be attached. 
The feathers are from Dawn Chorus which I stamped with purple Staz-on and then cut out. I punched a hole in each and attached the jump rings so that the cord could be attached.
The Dream sentiment is from Artistic Expressions and the background is Dusty Concord and Abandoned Coral sponged over the card using a piece of kitchen towel.

Thank you for popping in and please call back tomorrow for some more Design Team Inspiration.

Julie xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love the first one, it looks like a clock pendulum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous, and what a fab idea to use the flowers in this way (like a dreamcatcher) and on shrink plastic!!! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration Julie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! The dreamcatcher is my favorite, but both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great creations Julie and the shrink plastic embellishments are a fantastic idea. The first reminds me of a clock with the SP ornaments as pendulums, and the beads as the weight. The second made with the idea of a dreamcatcher in mind is also very effective and both are great embossed in white and coloured so prettily using the kraft card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful designs Julie and the stamping on to kraft card is brilliant, great colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stamping with white onto kraft really does make the designs 'pop' - they're both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful. I wish I had your imagination. They are both such an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!