Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Dots 'n' Stripes Baroque Ornament (by Julie)

Hello, it's Julie here and I am so pleased it's my turn again, so that I can show you what I have made with these lovely new Ornament stamps. Both of my projects are created with the Dots 'n' Stripes Baroque Ornament


This first card is quite quite easy. I started by covering my base card with silver mirri and then cut a matt layer slightly smaller from plain white stamping card. Next I added a circle die cut to the centre and then stamped the Ornament twice onto spare card and coloured with pink and blue Pan Pastels. I cut them out and layered them up with 3d glue gel before adding a flat back gem to the centre, surrounded by clear sparkly glitter. I inked up the Ornament stamp with Versamark and stamped all around the white card that was cut earlier, which was then followed by applying pink and blue Pan Pastel all over the card, making sure it adheres to the wet Versamark ink. Carefully spray your card with a chalk fixative and when dry attach the wired ribbon and bow. 
Assemble the card with foam pads or 3d glue gel. 


My second project is a papier mache plaque that I coated with a light brown chalk paint, before applying Distress ink through a wood grain stencil. The three flowers were stamped onto thick acetate using black Staz-on. When the Staz-on is dry, cut out the flowers and then carefully shape the leaves by rolling them gently over a pencil, then paint the reverse with acrylic paint. If you shape them after painting you will crack the paint. 
You might notice one of the flowers is quite glittery. This was achieved by applying Turquoise and Yellow Stickles glue to the reverse and again like before shape the leaves before applying the glitter glue.
When everything is dry apply a flat back gem to the centre of your flowers and then adhere to the plaque with 3d glue gel.

Many thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon for more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

3 comments:

  1. lovely work - love the pastels on the first piece - so delicate - hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makes Julie. Lovely colours on your card and I just love your plaque, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both so very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!