Pin It button on image hover

Monday 27 June 2016

Palm Fan Silhouette and Tangled Ornaments (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a couple of projects made using the beautiful Baroque Ornament stamps, you can find them here.

My first projectd is a very quick card made using Palm Fan Silhouette Baroque Ornament and distress inks. I took a cream card blank and simply stamped the image with different colours of distess inks. I used Ripe Persimmon, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.


I just added a sentiment stamped in black ink.

My second make to day is a notebook cover made with paper clay. I'm not an expert with paper clay but it was fun to experiment making this project.



I rolled the paper clay out so that it was just a little bit larger than my notebook and dusted the clay with Bundled Sage distress ink. Next I inked up the Tangled Baroque Ornament stamp with Broken China distress ink and stamped into the clay, it gives a lovely 3d effect. I repeated this process with Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet. I used the cover to cut out the shape of the notebook and glued it on to the cover. I left it to dry and then sanded the edges before applying gilding wax to highlight the raised areas of the design.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Hello Claire. Your projects are so pretty.
    I particularly like the card as it shows how a quick and easy card can be so attractive. I am of course bias, as I think the stamp is lovely too, it's on my wish list.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are very pretty Claire and I love the texture you have got with the paper clay. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so lovely, I'm impressed with the stamping on the card - I can't usually get my distress inks to 'stamp' that nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant makes Claire, gorgeous colours and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!