Pin It button on image hover

Friday 17 June 2016

Rainbow Garden (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a colourful project for you today, using two of this month's Baroque Ornament stamps.

I created a background spritzing water based sprays onto a damp piece of watercolour paper, and added some more water to blend them. I blotted the paper with a spare piece of card, to help smooth out the colour, and also to create another piece of coloured card for my project. I edged the background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, and added some stencilling with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.

I spritzed some blue, pink and yellow spray onto a craft mat, and picking the spray up with some water, created a wash of each colour onto some more watercolour paper. I dried each piece of paper thoroughly with a heat gun. I stamped several of the Dots 'n Stripes Baroque Ornament the Tangled Baroque Ornament, plus the centre of one of the flowers from the Tangled Garden stamp set, and the clear Tangled Butterfly stamp onto the coloured backgrounds using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. I cut all of the shapes out, and layered them up onto the background. I added a small amount of colour to the butterfly using water based markers.

I drew some stems for the flowers using a fine-tipped pen and added some colour, before adding some doodles to complement the flower designs.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Judith, lovely design and colours, love the swirly background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the ornaments as flowers and I love the background Judith. So pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful how modern this garden looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!