Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 25 June 2016

Songbird Mixed Media Card (by Shilpa)

Hello everyone, I am back with another mixed media creation using the Chocolate Baroque Spring Bird Tulip stamp set.
I love this cute birdie from the Spring Bird Tulip stamp set, so I decided to add only him to my card.
I created the background with texture paste and a stencil. When it had dried, I used purple, pink and brown inks, and spread them on the card until I was satisfied.
The bird is stamped with black archival ink and coloured with purple and pink inks. I created a few layers of embellishments behind him for more interest.

I love how it turned out, hope you like it too.
Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Shilpa.

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I love the colours you have chosen, they go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Shipla, I love your design and colours, your background is gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunningly gorgeous Shilpa - I love this to bits! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty Shilpa and a lovely combination of that cute little bird with the flowers and that beautiful background. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful Shilpa! Love the way you combine not that "normal" colours together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!