Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Cycling Steampunk Style (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of cycling themed cards to share with you today, using the stamps featured on last month's Steampunk shows on Hochanda.

To create my first card, I stamped the penny farthing image from the Steampunkery stamp set, and then masked the image using masking tissue. I created a series of hills using Distress Ink, and added some trees from the Tall Trees stamp set, using dark green Versafine Ink. I added a bit of pencil shading to 'ground' the smaller trees. I used blue Distress Ink to create the sky, masking off a circle for the sun. I stamped the sentiment from the Punky Expressions stamp set, and added some birds from the Landscape Edges stamp set.

I removed the mask and coloured the penny farthing with pencils. Finally, I matted the background onto a large black card blank.



For my second card, I wanted to create a collaged feel, using lots of stamping to build up backgrounds. I started by using a patterned Crafty Individuals tag, and added some images from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp set in muted colours. I also added the gentleman on the bike as the focal image, using darker ink.

I made a larger background in toning colours on a piece of kraft card, picking the same images that I had used on the tag to create the background. I picked a grey card to mat the background, as it was a colour running through the tag. I added a cheery tan ribbon to the tag, and stamped a sentiment from the Punky Expressions stamp set onto a small piece of scrap card.

I hope that you have enjoyed my Steampunk inspiration this month, and that you will try some of the ideas for yourselves. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Like your tag Judith,the background is very interesting too. The first card is lovely with a fabulous background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one is my favorite; what a great scene to place the bike in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is a beautiful cas kaart. like the tag. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Judith.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous cards, love the images and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card and tag card Judith using the Eccentric Edwardian and Punky Expressions sets. I adore the background scene with the penny farthing, and the interesting mix of images on the background of the tag with the cycle as the main image, also love the quite neutral shades to the background card too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, love the fresh look of that scene! Pretty tag, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!