Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 11 November 2017

Fly away by Brenda



A very good morning Peeps, I hope you are ready for another collection of Steampunk samples from Lesley's recent shows on Hochanda.

Now I will be the first to admit that I really struggled this this theme, it's not something I have ever tackled before, but of course that's the challenge to extend ourselves outside our comfort zone which for me is floral feminine and fantasy.

For the card at the top I create a background with Oxide Inks Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers, a stencil and regular DI's. Using black Archival ink I stamped the large flying machine from Steampunkery, two small hot air balloons from the same set set and verse from Steampunk Travel and the same DI's to add some colour to the balloons plus a few scattered sequins.


For this one I used an embossing folder and gilding waxes to create the background, then stamped a sentiment from the new Punky Expressions set on a strip of DP, stamped the Penny Farthing from Steampunkery using Versamark and detail copper embossing powder, cut out and placed on the sentiment strip along with some raffia.


Another Oxide ink background overstamped with one of the images from Key to my Dreams, I used second and third generation stamping using DI's to create a subtle effect. Next I stamped three keys from the same stamp set with versamark and detail copper embossing powder, cut them all out and fixed with a chain embellishment I found in my stash to the small winged clock in the Steampunkery set. The sentiment is also from Key to my Dreams.


My final share uses stamps from Steampunk TravelSteampunk Travel and Punky Words, all stamped with Versafine Blue onto squares of cardstock shaded with DI's and matted onto coordinating cardstock. This style is a great way to use up snippets of card so always worth keeping those offcuts.

Hope you all have a good day and my thanks for popping in today.


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Brenda and I especially like the one with the keys on, the coloured backgrounds look wonderful too. Well done for doing such a fabulous job making something out of your comfort zone. I have to admit that Steampunk scares me to death but Lesley made it look so easy on her demos that maybe I should rethink this one. Crafty hugs, Sandra x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Steampunk fan I really appreciate these cards. Love the last one using up the snippets. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Steampunk fan I really appreciate these cards. Love the last one using up the snippets. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Brenda. Like them all. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Brenda, you have been busy! These cards are all beautiful but I particularly love the first one and the third which have those very strong backgrouds, although that said I do love the embossed cogs and the stamping and sentiment in a strip which looks great, and then the patchwork of squares with all the different images on which is certainly a great way to use up oddments of card, and in a very pretty way but suitable for a masculine birthday too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you might have struggled but the results are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous Brenda! I love the backgrounds and gorgeous designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely, well done for stepping out of your comfort zone so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!