Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Pretty Steampunk (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope you caught Lesley's fabulous Steampunk shows last week on Hochanda, featuring an eclectic mixture of Steampunk images. I love working with this genre of stamps, because you can use the images in so many different ways; very grungy, adding lots of texture, or more feminine in style, altogether prettier, using brighter colours.

I have created a floral card, which could be for a friend's Birthday, or just to show that you care, using a sentiment from the brand new Punky Expressions stamp set which will be available on the website in the next few days.

I started to create my card by blending several colours of Distress Ink onto a piece of smooth Cartridge paper. I spritzed the background with water, to create a mottled effect, blotting the background here and there with a piece of tissue. I stamped the large script stamp from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp set over the background, using blue ink. On a spare piece of card, I stamped the small clock three times, and cut it out. I added a bit of yellow ink to age the images slightly.

I die cut some flowers from some Crafty Individuals paper, and scrunched them to give them a bit of texture and movement. To complete the flowers, I stamped three stems using an image from the Diamante Delights stamp set onto the background, and some leaves from the Bold Blooms stamp set onto some scrapbook paper, which I cut out. I added the clock faces to the centre of the paper flowers, and used some 3D foam behind the central flower.

You may have caught sight of one of my old samples on the show created using images from some of our Steampunk stamp sets, featuring the fabulous beetle from the Steampunkery stamp set as a focal point. I have again used paper flowers to create this design, but added cogs in the centre, dropping beads into the middle of each one, and stamping onto the leaves this time.

I will be back later in the month with more ideas to share with you, do keep checking in to see more fabulous ideas from my Design Team mates. Thanks for stopping by,


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gutted that I missed the shows. Are they on utube as hochanda doesn't do catch up? Just love the new stamps and these cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can watch the programmes on the Internet Christine, just search the Tv schedule: https://www.hochanda.com/TvSchedule and look for October 26/27 where you will find the last lot of shows that Lesley did. Hope this helps. Judith xx

      Delete
    2. Found them! THANK YOU so much.....That's this afternoon sorted then!
      X

      Delete
  2. Fabulous steampunk look! Love the flowers with the clock center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched one of these shows have yet to watch the other one, so interesting to see the fabulous samples made by the design team, also great to see Lesley in action. Love your cards, such a clever way to make the centre of the flowers on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the contrast between them is uge...normaly I like bright colours, but this time my favorite is the first, soft one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cards, beautifully designed and coloured Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards Judith, and I love the soft colours of the pretty watch face flowers and then the second with the beautifully bright poppies and leaves and the softer sepia background with the watch faces, cogs and stencilling complements the flowers perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely Judith. I particularly like the first one, such a great idea and very pretty.
    Best wishes
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely Judith. I particularly like the first one, such a great idea and very pretty.
    Best wishes
    Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards - can't go wrong with steampunk in my opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!