Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Setting Sail (by Penny)

I am delighted to welcome Penny back as guest designer for this month and I am sure you will find her first project a real wow.  So here we go, enjoy.


Hi there everyone, Penny here and it is my pleasure to bring you three GDT posts this month.  I'm starting with one of my samples from the fabulous Steampunk shows!  I have used stamps from Steampunkery and Steampunk Travel sets, Distress inks, Sepia Versafine ink, copper and clear EPs.





I began by stamping and embossing the Airship onto white card, then masking it.  I then created a blue colourwash background with Distress Inks.  When dry I added some fluffy clouds with the whitecharcoal and smudged them a little.  I also added some 'cresting waves' along the bottom of the panel in the same way.



I removed the mask and coloured the Airship with Distress Inks before matting the panel onto dark card.  I took a white base card and stamped several words to form a border, then blended ink around the edges.  I then attached the panel to the card.



I stamped and embossed the winged cog several times onto acetate then coloured them on the reverse side with alcohol pens.  To make them pop I painted them with white gesso then cut them out and attached them to the card.  I stamped the verse onto a piece of ivory card in Sepia ink and embossed it with clear EP.  I tore the edges and brushed a little gold marker pen over them to give an aged effect then attached it to the card.  




This design is quite a simple one for me, but the focal stamp and verse are so beautiful that they needed little else.  I hope you've enjoyed this little project, I'll be back next week with another!   

Penny  xx

A real cracking start don't you think. Gorgeous card Penny thank you so much, we can't wait to see what you have planned for us next week.

Until then thank you for popping in and don't forget there is a new project from one our our talented team every day so please join us again soon.


14 comments:

  1. It's lovely - the steampunk theme is most inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, I do love the steampunk elements.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse is lovely and so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous Penny, wonderful stamping and colours,brilliant design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super card Penny and I adore the bright blue sky and the clouds and waves look great using the white charcoal, which I have never heard of but it has worked beautifully. I love the way you have coloured the airship too and the winged cogs on acetate work well too, also the verse is a bit like a treasure map, and the wordy background is perfect, so this is very cleverly done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, thank you so much for those lovely comments :) x

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!