Pin It button on image hover

Monday 13 November 2017

Punky Expressions CAS Style (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am back to share some more projects featured on last month's Steampunk shows on Hochanda. For these three projects, I wanted to focus on the new word plate, Punky Expressions, and the different ways that the stamps could be used.

I created a gelli plate background on a large white card blank, by brayering Distress Ink in shades of blue and brown across the round gelli plate. I used an image from the Steampunk Travel stamp set, stamping straight onto the plate, to take colour away, and not cleaning the stamp in between stamping, so it added colour in various areas as well. I pressed the plate onto the card to ensure that I printed the background exactly where I wanted it to go. I added a few more of the little airships onto the background, using Distress Ink.

I stamped the large gentleman from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp plate using black ink. I added the Eureka! sentiment around the edges, starting at the top and bottom, moving left and right, then simply filling in the gaps.

For my second card, I created another gelli plate background, using blue and green ink, and pressing a dotty tool onto the plate to create a textured pattern. I added some images from the Silhouette Grasses stamp set, using various coloured inks, a little butterfly from the Baroque Meadow stamp plate, and finally, combined two of the stamps from the Punky Expressions stamp set. These new words and phrases are so versatile, and will be very useful for lots of occasions.

Finally, a really quick card, using more of the grasses as before in a different colour option, straight onto a card blank. The butterflies as before, and a variation on the stamp sentiment. This was such a quick card to make using first and second generation stamping to build up depth to the flower field.

I hope that my cards have given you some ideas for these fabulous stamps. I will be back later in the month with a few more ideas to share with you. Thanks for stopping by,



7 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to add a gelli plate to my Christmas list. I like all three cards but the second one does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely cards. Thank you. My favourite is the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three wonderful cards Judith and I love the Edwardian gentlement with the words round the circular gelli plate background which looks fabulous. The two using the grasses and meadow stamps are both so pretty and love the second and third generation inking which gives great depth, and such pretty colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Judith, love them all, wonderful designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cards Judith, fabulous colours and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!